VKontakte.DJ
forum traveling

GlobalSight User Group

Community

Log in to access your GlobalSight Community control panel. *****Forum is moderated; Reviewed prior to publishing. SPAM posting will not be displayed.*****

*****Forum is moderated; Reviewed prior to publishing.*****

Become A Fan

Current Community Stats

Total Members: 5,261
Total Downloads: 21,573
GlobalSight
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Pimping out your Globalsight Mobile Server Hardware (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Forum is moderated; Reviewed prior to publishing
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Pimping out your Globalsight Mobile Server Hardware
Alex5 (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Pimping out your Globalsight Mobile Server Hardware 2 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 1  
Need a GlobalSight Server? Don't know where to start?
In this case, lets pimp out your server!

HERE IS THE NEW HARDWARE SUGGESTION:

First of all, try to win some money in Las Vegas...You'll need it!
Buy and assemble following parts:

1 - PC case: PC-TU200 black or white

2 - PC mainboard: Asus P8H77-I Intel H77 So.1155 Dual Channel DDR Mini-ITX Retail OR

Intel® Desktop Board DH77DF (I was just wondering the question of the "Max Memory Size" until now, which is also suposed to be 32 GB (really???)

3 - Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3770T (max. TDP 45 W!)

After reading some recent tests, the performance of this processor is even compared to Intel i7-2600K but with less wattage... Incredible!

4 - RAM memory: I red somewhere here in Germany, that the single slot capacity would be up to 16 GB, but the mainboard doesn't support ECC RAM. I guess there are no 16 GB non-ECC, or at least, I didn't found any.

5 - SSD disk (Operative System): Corsair Force 3 240 GB SATA 3 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive CSSD-F240GB3-BK

6 - 2 TB or 3 TB HDD disk (a normal one for your daily data): Western Digital Caviar Green 3 TB SATA III 64 MB Cache Bare/OEM Desktop Hard Drive - WD30EZRX

7 - Power supply: Seasonic 460W 80 Plus Gold Fanless ATX12V/EPS12V Power Supply - X-460/SS-460FL

8 - Some DVD/CD player/recorder (one of your choice)

That's it!

After assembling, you'll just need an OS for your GlobalSight... say Ubuntu LTS 12.04 or Windows Small Business Server 2011. Good luck!

If you decide to go mATX (micro ATX), the new slim m ATX CHENBRO case would be a nice decision for those who like to have big systems in a small place...

mATX case: Chenbro PC72239

In this case you'll be of course able to put some more RAM on your PC, say at least 32 GB (4 slots)

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2012/05/01 21:09 By Alex5.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
      Topics Author Date
    thread link
Pimping out your Globalsight Mobile Server Hardware
Alex5 2012/04/27 22:13
Go to top Post Reply